Monday, April 2, 2012

Mercury, Google, My Next Post

If you're wondering where the next lesson/installment is, the answer is "almost done."  Retrograde Mercury has been making mincemeat with my schedule (went to Wed. doc appointment on Tues., cancelled Tuesday hair cut thinking it was on Monday, that kind of thing) and I want to apologize.  I'll hopefully finish it up when I get back from Atlanta this weekend, will post it asap.

I'll be in Atlanta to, among other things, speak to the Portfolio Center student body this week.  Their present Copy Director and my former student, Robyn Cohen, invited me and Robyn's not someone I'd turn down.  Am also hoping to connect with some other former students while I'm there, do some business, etc.  I'll be speaking 10 a.m. this Thursday, 4/5/12. Mercury goes Direct that day, so I should be at my best.  If any of you are in Atlanta and want to stop by, please be my guest.  Just say Doreen invited me, say hi when I'm done.  I'm committed to lunch with Robyn and a few of her students after, but if you let me know you're there, perhaps we can schedule something for later in the day (or Friday a.m.) if you'd like to talk, show me some work, etc.

One thing I do want to add:  Google has announced (more or less) that it's finally seen the light and agrees with the approach I've held regarding web writing for as long as there's been web writing.  They will no longer search for SEO key words, will look instead for meaningful, relative, and informative prospect centered copy.

I have refused to do SEO since before it had a name.  If you're looking up words you think Google is looking for, writing Prospect Centered, informative, relative copy is impossible.  If you load up on them, you also break a very important Kamikaze Copy Sin: repeating the same word too closely in a paragraph/piece of copy.  You're also not likely to be able to write in a targeted Language of Concept if you have to tailor your style for words that likely don't have any style at all.  All adds up to poor creative, impossible copy and a less than satisfying prospect experience.

My only question:  What took you guys so long?

All of you who have been fighting this battle with me - and I know there are others out there, because not just a few of you have complained to me about it - how's it feel to have something as all-pervasive and influential as Google say you're right?  Now on to the next great battle in this marvelous, inventive, explorative creative opportunity called the Internet.

One more thing - I am working hard to get my new website, kamikazecreative.com, up and running.  It'll be the new home for my blog (although I may also publish here, still mulling that one) and hopefully will enable me to add a Q&A forum, offer editing lessons on submitted copy (professional and/or student), show produced portfolio samples as examples of my positions, downloads + a few other goodies in the back of my demented and subversive imagination.  I'll let you know when it's up, but for those of you who've asked - I've been working on it.  Mercury's going Direct (see planetaryperceptions.com, Retrograde Mercury button in top left corner) so I'm hopeful as things go back to normal, I can at least put up the first piece of it.

See you in my next post soon. Here.  At kamikazecreative.com asap.  Toodles.

1 comment:

  1. I'd long been truly happy to seek out this site.I wished that can assist you many thanks to the foregoing wonderful look over

    Comes with for staying appealing, I may pretty effectively most likely damaged downwards together with verify it introduced associated with pretty much all of people .

    seems extremely awesome. I will smash by means of it the moment the complete instruction is by means of! ! ! Requirements to generally be appropriately unquestionably worth typically the look over by.



    http://streamlineonlinellc.com/

    ReplyDelete