Friday, November 12, 2010

IOU, more from last installment, a promise, something you need to consider

IOU:  I promised something on the Kamikaze Key Fact vs. traditional Key Fact, then got distracted by other things (I represent The Prospect, Concept/Illustration, sorry and thanks to all who called me on it).  The next post will fulfill that promise.  Promise.

From last post:
Concept or Illustration?  Allstate's "Mayhem" campaign.
Additional messing with your minds:  Is the Snickers Diva campaign really a concept?  Or is it just a very funny, very creative Product Demonstration?  If it's Product Demonstration, can it also be a Concept?  If it's a Concept, can it be Product Demonstration?
Those footballing Clydesdales?  Concept or Metaphor?  Metaphor or Illustration?

A promise:
I just finished updating five divisions of a city website.  I am seriously thinking it's time I Just Do my own website for what I need now vs. waiting for what I want eventually.  As a result, I've been picking uber webster brains about Key Words, Meta Tags and SEO (Search Engine Optimization).  They are starting to agree with what I've said all along.  Even Google's catching on.  What am I talking about?  It's coming after the Kamikaze Key Fact.

Speaking of the Kamikaze Key Fact:
If you'd like the Cliff Notes version of the entire form:  complete format with quickie definitions, email me @ kamikazecreative@gmail.com.  If you want the entire, in-depth discussion (20+ pages, with examples and illustrations) and are a student, have your instructor get in touch.  If you'd like the long form piece and you're out of school, let me know about your situation.  We'll work something out.

Something you need to consider:
Mercury's heading Retrograde.  (What's up with that?  http://www.planetaryperceptions.com, click on Retrograde Mercury.)
11/22-12/9 - Mercury in PreRetrograde Shadow (starts to go awry)
12/10-12/29 - Mercury in Retrograde (go to site above, then hang on!)
12/30 - Mercury heads Direct
12/30-1/17 - Mercury in PostRetrograde Shadow (things start to gel)
1/18 - Home Free!
(Not sure what it all means?  See URL above.  Knowing what it is and how to use Retrograde Mercury to your advantage is an important Kamikaze Creative Occupational Safety Rule.)

If you'd like my old CMYK article on salary negotiation, it's been reprinted in Maxine Paetro's latest edition of How to Put Your Book Together and Get a Job in Advertising (out this year - available online everywhere).  I expanded the original piece to include negotiation tips and truths for negotiating during The Great Recession.

Something I assume you know:
Everything I write in this blog is (c)Doreen Dvorin/Kamikaze Creative in the year it appears, if it wasn't already (Copy Sins, Occupational Safety Rules, etc.  Some of this is taken from that book I've yet to finish).  Share it, print it, use it.   Let me know if you want to include it in what you write.   Don't say it's yours or anyone else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment